Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wow! Jing and Screencast are so cool!

I love these tools! They are so user friendly. Here is a first attempt, and I mean a rough one, of showing how to use Discovery Education's Steaming service. Being loquacious, I went over the five minute time limit, so didn't get much into the explanation. Also, I noticed that on playback, it didn't show the video that I was seeing at the time of recording. It must be a copyright issue for Discovery Ed... Also, I noticed some of the screen was cut off when shown in Screencast but was all there during the Jing replay. Will have to do a lot more experimenting and editing before I use this in a real situation.
http://www.screencast.com/t/ip9k7oDrbW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great use of the tool. Good to know it runs out after 5 minutes - that made me laugh as I would have done the same thing :). Like leaving an answering machine (oops - voicemail!) message.