Friday, October 30, 2009

Reflecting on my role as a technology leader...



Teachers and other staff members turn to me to help them use technology including that which goes beyond the media center and information technology.


I'd doing alright with finding new tech tools but I'd like to implement and integrate them more into the curriculum. I do feel overwhelmed at times, trying to keep current.


I'd like to establish more of a leadership role in my building. The Director of Technology has a committee to set goals for integrating and implementing technology. I'm going to ask her if I can join it. Also, I'd like to start providing regular teacher in-services for Web 2.0 tools.


I've established a good relationship with my teachers, and I'm open and flexible, but I need to be more persistent. I need to show the teachers what all I can do for them in meeting their curricular needs.


I need to put myself "out there" more and take on more challenges.

1 comment:

tech guy said...

Good for you! You have so much to offer. I want to hear more about this committee that you would like to join too.
Mark